Monday, July 20, 2009

Prolog

I always wanted an RC plane!

And now an opportunity (financial, with sufficient amount of free time and knowledge) presented itself to do something about that.

And with it, this train of though:

Cool thing these days is to put a camera on it, right? I do admire a good aerial photo, but the closest thing to a camera I have is my cell phone (I developed an unhealthy habit of taking all my photos with it, because in this fast paced world, if you know what you're doing, 3 MP's should be enough for most occasions). Now, since I would already have a device on it about as powerful as my first laptop, wouldn't it be even cooler if it could be made to fly the plane itself? And to make it interesting, make it fly with only the sensors in the phone!

How *hard* could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment